Benefits for Artists
“If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it.”
- Very few artists are lucky enough to be discovered by playing to their own local audience.
- You have to hustle.
- You have to be passionate about spreading your creativity.
- You have to engage your fans.
To do that, you have to surprise and delight your fans.
- Touring is expensive though.
- It's difficult to engage your fans just using the internet.
- If you really want to grow your fan base,
- you have to get on the road and build relationships.
Well, that's why we created GigFunder
Here are some of the reasons GigFunder rocks:
Surprise and delight your fans.
- Engage fans in the tour planning process. Go where your fans want you to go.
- Surprise fans by shifting the decision making power to them.
Get on the road sooner.
- No need to save up for months to plan a short tour with uncertainty about your ticket sales.
- Contact venues to book shows in other cities with tickets already presold.
Minimize your financial risk.
- If your fans raise enough money to get you to a show, you play it. If they don't, you and your fans don't lose a thing.
- No more worries about not having enough money to get home or sleeping in the van because you can't afford a cheap motel.
- Receive a pre-made budget for each of your funded campaigns.
Build your fan base.
- It's surprising how effective passionate fans can be about getting the word out when you make yourself available.
- Tour to cities you never thought you'd get to play and play for people who never would have seen you otherwise.
Know your fans.
- Meet your biggest fans face-to-face in their own cities.
- Understand where your biggest fans are, even if the campaign isn't funded.